Boothstown Medical Centre Patient Participation Group
Terms of Reference
- Contribute to practice decision-making and will consult on service development and provision.
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary.
- Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the practice – representing patients but also helping them to understand the practice’s viewpoint.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the Practice evaluate its services.
- Assist the Practice and its patients by arranging voluntary group / support within the Community / Practice.
- Communicate information about the Community that may affect healthcare.
- Encourage patients to give a voice in the organisation of their care.
- Promote good health and higher levels of health literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the Practice and promoting preventative medicine.
- Influence the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally.
- Give feedback to Wigan CCG on consultations and at focus groups etc.
- Liaise with other PPGs in the locality by having a representative attend the PPG network meetings, TABA, Patients’ Forum etc.